...Said the Joker to the Thief.

Welcome to Said.The.Joker.To.The.Thief, part of a network of personal blogs. Oh, by the way, ditch I.E. Get Firefox or Opera.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I've just finished watching The Weakest Link (Wed 21/12 BBc 2) and I'm disgusted in the quality of the questions. Here are two of the worst.

- From the First Round.
A week is divided into seven equal segments, what is the name given to the segments?

- From the Final Round
What does L.P stand for when written on a VCR?

Additionally, the contestants can't spell their names correctly. There was an 'Ann' (sic) and a 'Clare' (sic).
However, Kay will be happy with one of the questions;
- From the Second Round.
In British History, what was the christian name of the Naval Commander, Lord Nelson?*

Also, sometime soon I'm going to post a massive expose on Orange... well, the most recent ways they've managed to piss me about. However, for now I'd just like to say that this Samsung D600 sucks. I can't send MMS messages to email addresses.
This is unfortunate as I was going to publish bi-daily photos of my 'goatee' on here. That's to say, I was going to publish photos of the parts of my face where hair/stubble should be.

Anyway, I'm off as I need to update the template (Links of the Week etc.) and get coffee.

Marin.

*The answer is, of course, Horatio.

5 Comments:

  • I hear ya.

    They really should employ people to write questions that can't be answered by a rock.

    Just watched the same episode, dontcha think that Ann woman looked like a man?

    :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Dec 21, 07:38:00 pm 2005  

  • YES! I watched it with my mother, we both agreed that she was post-op and that Wendy had the scariest eyes EVER.

    hmmm... maybe we could feature a weekly roll of Weakest Link questions...

    By Blogger Well Placed Comma, at Wed Dec 21, 07:42:00 pm 2005  

  • omg the questions are so funny! we don't have weakerst link here...is it like "Who wnats to shoot the millionaire"?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Dec 25, 08:07:00 am 2005  

  • Lmao! I hate bloody Christ Tarrant.. I presume your countries version also has a presenter who makes you wish that you didn't have quite so many moral objections to torture.

    Erm, it's difficult for me to explain how the show works, but I've found a BBC link; http://www.bbc.co.uk/weakestlink/about_show.shtml

    Oh! I think I've come up with a method of criticising a Weakest Link each week (or there about) but it'd mean you'd have to become a member of an offshoot blog, jaymes. What's you think?

    By Blogger Well Placed Comma, at Sun Dec 25, 11:20:00 am 2005  

  • You AGREED with your mother on something?

    HAH!

    By Blogger Unknown, at Mon Dec 26, 12:20:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This has been brought to you by; The Historian and The Physicist